Michele L. Gipp
Michele counsels clients in the long term care and senior living industries on transactional matters, including development projects, acquisitions, and the structuring of joint venture, lease and management arrangements. Michele also advises long term care and senior living clients on operational issues, including licensure, transfer of operations, and regulatory compliance.
Michele also works with investors and other types of health care providers, including hospitals, home health agencies, hospices and physician practices, in their transactional and real estate matters, including formation and licensure, stock and asset purchase transactions, restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions of health care facilities.
Michele advises long term care and senior living facilities, hospitals, home health agencies, hospices, laboratories and other health care providers regarding regulatory and corporate compliance, including state licensure, Medicare and Medicaid, federal and state fraud and abuse issues, physician self-referral, HIPAA, health privacy and security, and corporate practice of medicine.
Michele previously worked as an associate in the health care practice of a New Jersey law firm, where she assisted hospitals, home health providers, hospices, medical and dental practices, and physicians in their regulatory and transactional matters.
- New York Bar Association, Member
- “Compliance: An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth a Pound of Cure,” Frontiers of Health Services Management, Vol. 34, No. 4 (co-author) (June 2018)
- “Telemedicine in New Jersey: The Past, Present and Future,” New Jersey State Bar Association Health Law Section Newsletter, Vol. 24, No. 1 (co-author) (July 2015)
- “Helping Doctors to Safely Navigate Social Media,” New Jersey Law Journal (co-author) (Sept. 2014)
- “Handling HIPAA Breaches in Hospice,” Weatherbee Resources, Hospice Compliance Network Webinar Series (August 19, 2020)
- “Social Media in the Home Care Industry: Benefits, Risks and How to Balance the Two,” Home Care Association of NJ, 2014 Annual Conference & Exhibition (June 12, 2014)
- In 2016, Michele received the firm's Albert E. Arent Pro Bono Award for outstanding contribution to the public interest.
Life Beyond the Law
Michele is an avid runner and enjoys long runs in Central Park. Michele also enjoys traveling, trying new restaurants, and spending time with her nieces and nephews.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
Fordham University School of LawJD,Managing Editor of the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, Vol. XXUniversity of DelawareBA,cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa