Michael E. Rubin
He acts as counsel and advisor to real estate owners, developers, financial organizations and management companies. His practice has involved him in multi-family properties, office properties and retail properties to name a few.
In addition to his real estate expertise, his practice includes advising corporate entities of all sizes from family, closely-held businesses to national companies. His work includes advising and creating corporations including mergers, financing, acquisition, sales and transfers.
His financing experience is both on the lender and borrower sides from traditional to non-traditional financing. Financing includes purchase money lending, construction lending, general corporate borrowings and refinancing.
Michael was previously with Rubin, Weisman, Colasanti, Kajko & Stein, LLP for more than 30 years, where he was one of the founding members. Before joining Arent Fox, Michael was a Partner at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Sale of Foreign Motors West to the Herb Chambers Companies.
- Development of Capital Commons office tower.
- Purchase of Northgate Shopping Center, Portland, ME.
- Refinance of Burlington Shopping Center.
- Act as Outside General Counsel to Busa Bros. Liquor, Kagan Development, Sentinel Benefits, Charles George Trucking, Crystal Warehouse, Inc., among others.
- Massachusetts Association of Bank Counsel, Past President
- Eastern Bank Board of Trustees
- Alcohol Beverage Control Commission for the City of Somerville, Past Chairman
- Project Youth, Board of Directors
- Lexington Montessori School, Past Trustee
- Lexington Babe Ruth, Board of Trustees, Past Member
- Serenity Care Board of Directors