45 Hospital and Health Care Executives Outline the Hospital of the Future
Health Care partner Tom Jeffry, and 44 other health care executives, spoke to Becker’s Hospital Review about the key trends disrupting the traditional hospital and how institutions can prepare for the future. “Looking towards the future, hospitals will devote more space and technology to accommodate advances in diagnostics and surgical procedures. New technologies will continue to reduce inpatient admissions as well as the number of days inpatients remain in the hospital. Hospitals will continue to have patient beds, but future hospitals will be more likely to have the same or fewer beds in private rooms that will accommodate more in-room services,” said Tom.
In this article, Becker’s Hospital Review identified the following five key trends:
- Reserving hospitals for truly acute care patients
- Monitoring patients at home with telemedicine applications
- Retail clinics and the rise of consumerism
- Designing the process for enhanced patient experience
- Collaboration between all stakeholders to improve health
To read the article in full, click here.